Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pancakes with Altitude

Madi here-Okay, so Adam wins the sour skittles, weeeeeeee!  Alec will be very happy to deliver those.

We drove Trail Ridge in Rocky Mtn State Park.  The highest elevation was about 12,200, maybe a little higher.  Not nice for Casey's ear but she took it like a trooper.  (That's how I knew she had an infection, she was complaining of pain, ow!)

Ben climbed to the highest point we climbed today-pic included- with Mike.  Ben's trivia question for you guys is, " How high is the Rockies?  Here's a hint, it starts with a 1..."  He will deliver those skittles.

Oh, and while we were at the ER there was a British woman who was thrown off her horse there as well who was surrounded by 3 real cowboys...  guess that really happens.

Now to Mike-
Madi can cook anywhere!  Steak, pasta, and salad while it's raining outside.  We saw tons of elk in RMNP, and we played in the snow too.  High 80's at our camp side (8k feet); 48F at the pass.  We saw cyclists on Trail Ridge (some one please look this up for me on bikely).  We were sooooo jealous!  You cannot mountain bike on the trails; it's all about hiking and running.  I'm feeling the altitude; running around at 12k makes me dizzy.

:)
Mike

--
--<

3 comments:

Kevicool said...

Awesome play-by-play, you guys! We are all jealous here in our lonely cubicles with 98 degree heatwaves outside. I feel your vertical pain, as I too got extremely dizzy and altitude-sick during my journey to the Continental Divide. Be sure to pee at the top and let us know if it flows both east and west :)

And just to bore you with work stuff, Mike -- I've been goofing around with cross-compilers all day and finally got my Linux box to compile a Windows binary, which I then transferred to my Windows box and successfully executed! Woo hoo! See what you are missing? NOT!

pblair12 said...

I loveeeee Pancakes!
-Pat :)

HowardEv said...

Where are the waffles?? Oh that's right there here in Maryland waiting for you!!!!

Have a great trip.

Howard & Evelyne