Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A picture, a bad memory, and a posting test

I found this picture, and I wanted to try posting via e-mail, so here goes. I suspect this photo elicits a range of reactions.  For me, it just looks like something bad is going to happen.  A good while ago, a depressed Egyptian pilot kamakazied his 767 in the Atlantic, killing a couple hundred people.   As a not-so-huge fan of flying myself, the thought of being a passenger i this situation really unnerved me.  Anyway, that's what I thought about when I saw this picture.

In reality, it's a short-duration 0-g flight related to production of aerojels.

1 comment:

David Tambeaux said...

I am probably one of the few people who hate to fly as much as you and remember that crash. I force myself against my better judgment to read those stories and remember that flying is safe, flying is safe (except with a depressed Egyptian co-pilot). I don't know why, but thinking about that situation, I have to wonder at the cacophony of screams and terror for what must seem like hours. I horrifies me. Michael Meyers the Halloween movie killer does not scare me, but the long imminent knowledge of a horrific death is what chills me. Ahhh!