Friday, January 30, 2015

I'm eating a ton!

First not enjoyable meal was a slow cooker cheater pork stew in the crockpot for Wednesday night.  I liked it better as leftovers and did realize today (Friday) that I forgot the balsamic vinegar in the recipe.  So I poured balsamic over it today and it was much better.  I'm not a fan of cooked cabbage however so that probably has a lot to do with how I feel about it.  The boys and Mike and really liked the pork.

I woke up Weds morning with a headache, possibly from dehydration.  I don't think I drank enough water yesterday between my cross-training and MTB ride.

I realized I've also been craving simpler foods.  Thursday night I went back to an old standby, steak and potatoes (see pic above).  This is a typical dinner for us.  And Whole30 before we even started this whole thing.

So meals...

Day11-Weds
Breakfast-fritatta?, 2 oranges
snack before riding-almonds, dried cherries
Lunch-leftover butternut squash lasagna, salad
Dinner-sweet potato, hardboiled egg

Day12-Thurs
Breakfast-3 scrambled eggs, sweet potato, smoothie
Lunch-chipotle
Dinner-steak, oven roasted herbed, garlic potatoes, large salad, dried cherries (I was sooooo hungry)
After dinner eats-cauliflower pilaf (because Mike made it)

Day13-Fri
Breakfast-mushroom, garlic, onion egg cups, orange, bowl of cauliflower pilaf
Snack (before riding lesson)-smoothie with kale and spinach, avocado
Lunch-pork and cauliflower pilaf
Dinner-more steak, mushrooms sauteed in ghee, garlic, thyme with coconut aminos and a spritz of balsamic at the end, and salad (the usual)

No comments: