Sunday, October 05, 2008

BCA Cross - Hagerstown

It wasn't my intent to go the speed limit. A flat tire towards the start of the second lap and a magically unclipping left cleat made the day interesting, though. The senior ranks of our AFC team were hobbled by a number of mechanicals, but Jimmy Klose took 1st in the 18U and 16U races. It was beautiful in Hagerstown and several hundred racers made the most of it.

My friend Sven (Chris, actually) grabbed a wheel off his pit bike to keep me in the race, and I had fun picking off a few of the (other) slow riders. I really wanted to make a go of it with Trevor and Jim, but the gap was just too big.

Watching Alec in the 16U race was my favorite part of the day. AFC represented well in the junior race, and it's nice to see racers and fans support the young riders. Cyclocross courses are the perfect place for new/young riders to have some fun.


Alec posted some of his thoughts about the race on the AFC blog.

Mike

No comments: